Want to join this opportunity ?
That's great but you need to REGISTER or LOGIN to join in the fun.
Wild East Project Volunteer
The Wild East Project aims to connect more local people with Wanstead Flats and West Ham Park. We would like to recruit a volunteer to promote these green spaces, and encourage a deeper connection and understanding of the history, wildlife and the natural world at a local level.
You will be supporting the Wild East project Officer to encourage people to reconnect with West Ham Park and Wanstead Flats through a variety of fun activities.
•Help to set up and pack away resources for outdoor activities
•Create and deliver a wide-range of nature related activities
•Support individuals and small groups in discovering wildlife, habitats and history of West Ham Park and Wanstead Flats .
•Chatting to the public about what they might want from future outdoor activities
There will be the opportunities to:
•Be creative and develop new ways to engage with people
•Develop activities to getting the importance of nature and green spaces across to families and wider communities.
•Increase environmental awareness in local community and build wider support network.
•Support project officer to undertake outreach in local communities
•Supporting local communities in developing meaningful connection to nature
West Ham Park, E79PU
• Paying reasonable travel expenses (Please note, we encourage people to volunteer locally)
• Providing a dedicated member of staff as your point of contact from the beginning till the end of your placement
• Giving you an induction and plan to help you to get the most out of your placement
• Providing on-going training and informal guidance to help you get better at your role
• Positive, reliable and polite manner
• Able to work in a team of staff and volunteers
• Confident in interacting with people all ages
• Passionate about the nature and the history of their local area
• Creative – able to think of new ways to engage with local residents and community groups
• No prior experience or knowledge is necessary just bring your enthusiasm, life experience and willingness to share.
Closest tube are Upton Park and Stratford.
Buses 104, 238 from both Stratford Station and Upton Park Station
You must be over 18 years old
Applicants will be shortlisted Accessible Expenses Paid
Open from Tuesday 5th June 2018 to Wednesday 3rd July 2019
Closing on Wednesday 3rd July 2019 in 350 days.
Left on Friday 10th March 2017 for Outdoor Learning Volunteers for local primary schools
It was amazing working with year four pupils. The job entails teaching them basic mathematics in practical terms they can experiment for themselves. It was fun, and they loved it.